Allium card picture

Ever made a card where everything that could go wrong, does go wrong? Yes, I thought so! This was one of those cards for me. I wanted to play along with the colour challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays, where the theme is tan, white & a bright colour. The allium stamp is by Inkylicious & is a two-step stamp but I only used the outline part, inking it up with Hero Arts Unicorn white ink then painting the flower head with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint in Aqua Mist. So far, so good.

I had decided I wanted to play along with the Sew Cute challenge over at Kitty Bee designs but almost broke my newly-repaired sewing machine trying to sew a border round the main image. I had to hand-sew a second border to cover up the mess of the first! Then I thought the white stem didn’t stand out enough, so I tried painting some of the Aqua Mist over the top but the result was so bad I hand-stitched the stem to cover up the mess. I kept the rest of it simple (didn’t want to tempt fate!) by die-cutting the Thanks word using a die by Clearly Besotted.

Close up of main image

5 thoughts on “Rescued!

  1. It’s turned out lovely! I had a day like that too, this week… i binned my first card! I’m uploading the better result later today. I love the diecut word and the stampnis gorgeous. .. again. Xx vic xx


  2. Way to turn this around! Actually it looks terrific, like you did the stitches on purpose. This turned out beautifully!! Mahalo for joining our sew cute challenge at KBD Aloha Friday Challenge!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.