So my holiday – if you can call it that! – is almost over. Back to work tomorrow, my poor hubby is still in hospital & the odd snatches of card making I’ve been able to do have been my sanity these last couple of weeks or so. I’m sure there’s plenty of people out there who will relate to that.
I watched a video by Jennifer Maguire some time last week where she painted with bleach. Now I’ve tried and failed with this technique before, but she filled a water brush with bleach so I thought I’d give it another go. First I embossed the flowers (by Clearly Besotted) onto a piece Sheena’s Stamping card, then I sponged Distress Inks in Bundled Sage & Seedless Preserves around the stamped image. Once the ink was dry I filled a water brush with bleach & used it to paint the petals of the flowers. I left the leaves alone (previous experiments told me that Bundled Sage turns a very pretty shade of lilac with bleach – not good for leaves!)
As is often the case, the photograph doesn’t show this too well. I don’t know whether I need a new camera, or simply to learn how to work the one I’ve got better! I then painted around the flowers with a little bit of water.
I felt that a simple diecut word & stamped greeting on vellum was all it needed to finish it off. I think I’m going to make this my second entry over at Stamping Sensations, where the theme is anything goes with a stamp and a die.