Cricket card

Today is the birthday of one of my cricket-made nephews, so no prizes for guessing what the theme of his cards usually revolves around! I found this decoupage cricket image in my stash but despite having lots of backing papers, none matched so I made my own.  I sponged Antique Linen & Mowed Lawn Distress Inks through a homemade stencil onto plain white paper. I mounted the image simply onto a Spellbinders oval, and stamped the greeting to finish.

I’m entering this into the challenges at Crazy 4 Challenges where the theme is green, & Kraftin’ Kimmie where anything goes this time round.

Close up of card

Stencilled Seahorse

Challenge number 253 over at City Crafter caught my eye this week; I love starfish so that instantly attracted me and the colours were really soft & pretty. Taking those two features as my inspiration this is what I came up with:



To make the background I used card that was in my stash then I sponged Hero Arts Unicorn ink through a couple of TCW stencils (Mini Nautilus & Mini Sea Creatures). The seahorse was from the Mini Sea Creatures stencil again, this time sponged in Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe onto Limetree Crafts card.  An Inkylicious greeting stamped in Soft Cantaloupe added the finishing touch.


Sketch Saturday #341

A quick post for what was not a quick card!

A lovely neighbour of my Mum’s passed away early on Christmas Day; Connie had been like a second grandmother to my family, often babysitting for us when we were young. This card is for her family.

I liked the simplicity of the sketch over at Sketch Saturday so I decided to play along, tweaking the sketch slightly to suit.

I started with a “twinchie” by Magenta Crafts which was bare chipboard. I used a couple of coats of gesso to provide a base for Distress Inks in Salty Ocean & Peacock Feathers. The stamped image is by Papertrey Ink from their Round & Round set. The background strip was made by playing with an Imagination Crafts stencil, the same Distress Inks & some water. I used the same stencil with some Black Soot Distress Ink for the leaves then kept the sentiment (again by Papertrey Ink) simple as I thought there was already enough going on.

The Sky’s the Limit!

I’ve not had much time for cardmaking lately but I hope to rectify that over the next day or so! I made this card over a week ago but just hadn’t got round to posting it. It was inspired by the challenge over at Addicted to CAS where the code word is SKY, and as I’d just bought these new stamps as a bargain from Make the Day Special it seemed like the ideal opportunity to test them out.

I stamped the tree, greeting & birds onto watercolour card, then sponged Distress Inks over the tree. I kept it simple, which is always a good idea when you’re entering a Clean & Simple challenge!! The sponging is in fact more graduated than it looks in the photo, I’m not really sure what happened there.

Stamps: Unity Stamp Company “With Sympathy”
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

CAS Valentine’s

Although I made a card the other day for my husband for Valentine’s day, I decided it was too girlie in the end and made this one instead:

I don’t think it could be more CAS! I cut a heart out on my Sizzix Eclips, and the U out of the middle of it in Cafe Rojo font which is my “go-to” font for cutting machines. The inking & sponging was all done with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.

I’m entering this into the challenge at Addicted to CAS where the theme is Love.

LIM – One Layer week 158

The challenge over at Less is More this week is One Layer, and for once I’ve got myself organised in enough time to take part! This card is for a French friend whose birthday falls this week, and although she isn’t from Paris I know she loves it there so it seemed fitting to try out my recent purchase of some Stampin’ Up! stamps with a French theme.

This was my third attempt! The greeting was stamped using individual letter stamps, and my first attempt saw me mis-spelling “Bon” – you’d never guess I got a B in A-level French, would you? My excuse is the number of years since I took it . . . .
There was lots of masking and inking using my new Hero Arts Blackboard shadow inks which arrived yesterday, before sponging some Distress Spun Sugar over the ticket. Voila!
Cardstock: Anna Marie Designs
Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Artistic Etchings, 
Crafty Individuals CI-128, 
Kirsty Wiseman for Personal Impressions Alpha Script PICSA6276
Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Inks: Black, Charcoal, Soft Granite
Distress Inks Spun Sugar

G is for Games

Card makers often dread having to make cards for the male of the species. Add into the mix that the male concerned is a teenager and it’s doubly difficult. Mo Manning has some great digis which make this task a whole lot easier and when I saw this one of a boy intent on his games I knew exactly who it would be perfect for.

The main part of the image was coloured with denim & pear green Promarkers, the green chosen because it matches Lettuce Adirondack ink – one of the few Adirondacks I’ve got, and which I was using to make my own backing paper.
The backing paper was made by using my Inkylicious Ink Dusters with a combination of Denim & Lettuce Adirondacks then random stamping using Papertrey Ink game-themed stamps. I’m entering this into the “G is for . . ” challenge.
Finished card size: 15cm square
Main image: Mo Manning “Video Boy”
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Text Style Boy Basics: Game On #2357
Main Promarker colours: Denim, Pear Green
Inks: Adirondack Denim, Lettuce