I’ve seen a number of cards which use white ink for stamping the image, and I decided to try this on kraft card using Inktense pencils as my colouring medium. The ink I used was Hero Arts Unicorn which is the best white ink I’ve come across & is supposed to be fast drying – not on kraft, it isn’t!! This turned out to be a happy accident because after leaving my first stamped image for a day to dry, I found that my watercolouring skills weren’t good enough for the more detailed parts of the image, and I kept going over the lines. So I re-stamped & embossed it with clear fine detail powder to make the watercolouring easier.
The colour is Inktense Fuchsia & I returned to the image numerous times to tweak it until I was happy with the result. The greeting is by Clearly Besotted, stamped with Brilliance in Pearlescent Orchid, and the “raindrops” are Viva Decor Glass Effect Gel which I’d dropped onto a craft sheet & left to dry. Another happy accident is that although the overall card design just fell into place, it also happens to be the same as the sketch challenge running this week over at Splitcoaststampers so I’m going to enter it there.
Stamps: Hero Arts Delicate Blossoms CL449, Clearly Besotted Many Messages
The main image for this card was created using the same stamps & Adirondacks as my last post, but I wanted it to have a different feel to the first one. In any case, I try to avoid making two cards the same. For the background this time I simply stamped the Inkylicious script stamp twice in Memento Teal Zeal, added some plain white organza ribbon & a Meiflower diamante buckle. I did try to colour the ribbon with Adirondacks but got more ink on myself than the ribbon & also found that it just didn’t seem to dry so gave that up as a bad job!
This card is for the 50th birthday of a very kind lady who spends a lot of time looking after her next door neighbour – my husband’s aunt. As her living room is black & red I just knew she’d love bright colours.
The starting point for this card was the chipboard numbers I’d made a few months ago for another friend’s 50th but which, when they were finished, were too bright for that card. They were coloured with Promarkers & given dimension using Anita’s 3-D Clear Gloss. I used Pink Petticoat backing papers (no longer available) but had to alter the colour slightly in Craft Artist 2 Professional to ensure they matched the numbers. I also produced matching plain card in CA2P, too.
As I’ve been suffering from a distinct lack of mojo just lately I used a sketch from somewhere & kept it simple.
In complete contrast to the last card I posted, this is unashamedly girlie. The papers are gorgeous, they’re all by SEI who I’d never heard of until recently. The plain pink & cream papers feel like suede but they’re really easy to cut & work with. The ribbon was plain white but I coloured it to match using Promarkers with a diamante buckle from Meiflower. The numbers were plain chipboard, painted with white acrylic paint and coloured with Promarkers. I then used Anita’s Clear Gloss to finish them off.